Monday, January 26, 2009

Well there you go.....

Moo when she was a few hours old - looking slightly sore....

I've just been looking through some boxes and I found some things that my Mum had saved - cards and paper from when I was born and my first and second birthdays. There was also the tags she and I wore in hospital and the tag off my humidicrib. It was very interesting to me (maybe not to you....) that there are huge similarities between my birth and Moo's birth. Mum and I were both admitted to hospital for an induction for being overdue (I was already 2 weeks over) and it was 2 days before our babies were born. They were both POP (persistent occiput posterior) - ie around the wrong way. I was delivered by forceps (and more which I won't share in this forum) due to fetal distress and Moo was born by C-section for the same reason. Annie and I were both slow to respond and lost over 200g (1/2 lb) before leaving the hospital. Moo was born only 1/2 a centimeter (1/5") taller than me. I weighed 3580 (7lbs 15ozs) and she 3850 (8lbs 6oz).

Moo at 6 weeks - looking more like herself - but with a funny expression on her face...... : D

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute photos! I have often wondered about the similarity between labours for mothers and daughters - but it's something they never ask about when you visit the obstetrician/midwife! Mum and I had extremely similar labours (and small babies) too. To me it would make sense - similar anatomy and biology. I'd love to know if it has been researched.