Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bibs

My SIL is due in a few weeks so I am making some bibs for her as per her request : )
We don't know the sex of the baby yet so I have to be gender neutral - but I couldn't help but have one girly bib (cherries) and one boysy bib (helicopters) and she can decide what to do with the one that isn't quite right.... : )


The lion is crooked in this one and it's really annoying to me! But I learnt a lesson about using interfacing instead of pins to keep the fabric fixed and I don't think the baby is going to care.... It will probably be hidden under mush anyway - he he he Recognise the orange sheet from the op/thrift shop?

Above and below - front and back of the same bib - reversible!

Two cut out but not finished bibs. I think I am going to use red bias tape on both bibs.... or I might use a light denim on the helicopters.... dunno...

2 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I couldn't reply to your email as your email address doesn't show with your comments. I just wanted to say that its really sweet that your grandpa's orchids have bloomed. It must be a lovely thing to remember him by.
Love the bibs too...the cherries are my fave (hope its a pink one...he he he)!

A said...

Thanks, Curlypops~ :)