Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thanks Mum

I don't know where Mum got this recipe from but she wrote it out for me years ago and I have rediscovered it! Very easy to make - I can do it with my eyes shut!

CARAMEL SELF SAUCE PUDDING.


1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 oz butter
Pinch salt
1/2 cup milk

SAUCE
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 cup hot water
1oz butter

Sift sugar salt and flour into bowl. Melt butter mixed with milk add to flour. Combine thoroughly. Place into a well greased ovenproof dish, pour sauce mixture over top. Sauce; Combine all ingredients in saucepan, stir over low heat until butter melts. Bake in a moderate oven approx 30-40 minutes.

2 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Yummo...I'm printing that one off for the recipe folder...thanks Mum!

A said...

Update: Mum says that she believes the recipe is an old Woman's Weekly one.