... we got a heap of them in this weeks Organic box. I searched on the internet for some recipes and found one for green beans with mustard vinaigrette. I modified it a little so here is my version:
Blanche and then plunge into cold water 2 handfuls of beans.
Make the vinaigrette by combining the following in a jug:
- 1 small squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp of mustard (I used German 'cause I like it but seeded would be better)
- 2 tbs ground almonds
- a small amount of crushed garlic (to your taste) I used the juice only from one clove.
- a pinch of sugar or other sweetener
- season to taste with salt and pepper
The vinaigrette probably makes a little too much for the amount of beans cooked so I ended up putting some in the fridge for tomorrow's bean cook up.
I don't like beans, but these are goooooooood~~~~~ mmmmm