Sunday, August 24, 2008

*sigh*

I haven't been sewing much the past week. My parents have been staying. My aunt is in the final stages of cancer so we have spent some time at the hospital, comforting family, talking to Aunty M, holding her hand, telling her we love her and doing all the things you do when confronted with such a horrible reality.
I wanted to make a care package for my Uncle but he has so many people surrounding him with the same thoughts that I am going to wait. I think his freezer is full and overflowing!
Lots of tea and chocolate here. And there will be lots of tea and hopeless waiting in the coming weeks......

3 comments:

CurlyPops said...

That's so sad...my thoughts are with you and your Aunty M.

A said...

Thanks Curlypops. That's very kind.

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt. It's good that you're able to spend time with her, holding her hand, it's always good to be with family in times like these. Thinking of you.